Long term hydrostatic strength test for plastic pipe
BS EN ISO 9080 is an established testing method to determine the long term hydrostatic strength of plastic pipe and termination of Minimum Required Strength (MRS).
By applying statistical extrapolation method, ISO 9080 describes a systematic approach to predict the stress level, which a pipe under testing is able to withstand for 50 years at temperature of 20°C. ISO 9080 is commonly used to qualify the material of pipe.
By evaluating the test data obtained from the pressure test, pipe's material stress rating or Minimum Required Strength (MRS) can be calculated from ISO 9080 or ISO 12162.
Hydrostatic pressure test of ISO 9080 can be applied to all types of plastic pipe material, such as PVC, CPVC, PE, PP, ABS, HDPE and Polyketones.
ISO 9080: 2012
Hydrostatic pressure testing data is taken up to 10,000 hours. Then, the data is extrapolated to 100,000 hours (50 years) and MRS is calculated in according to ISO 12162. MRS represents the long term strength of the tested pipe material.
The designation of PE80 and PE100 is determined when the test achieve MRS of 8MPa and 10MPa respectively.
Accredited Test Laboratory
TestLabs laboratory is equipped with comprehensive testing facility to perform hydrostatic pressure testing for wide range of plastic pipe materials.
We conduct comprehensive analysis includes the hydrostatic pressure testing to obtain test data followed by regression analysis for calculation of the long term hydrostatic strength, and finally determination of Minimum Required Strength (MRS).
With our accredited test report and certification, manufacturers can list with local authority and certification body in a more-timely manner.
Other Pipes Testing
With our accredited testing laboratory, our capabilities cover wide range of pipeline testing. We work with local authorities as independent third party to assure the quality and integrity of pipelines.
To learn more about our scope of pipe testing. Click here.
What Benefits Would You Get?
- International Recognition. Our accreditation provides a formal international recognition of competency, thus ensuring reliable testing and measurement services for customers. We provide you accredited reports that can be used in contact with authorities to have the material or product certified around the world.
- Benefit from our expertise and experience, we guide you throughout the testing process and help you meeting regulatory requirements and standards of your targeted markets.
- Leverage on our impartial advice and communication regarding the understanding of test standard definitions well in advance prior to commencement of actual test.
- Shorten your time-to-market and increase market access when you meet regulatory requirements and standards
- With the certification body we are working with, we can provide certificates to increase customer confidence in your product.
TestLabs work with partners to provide you testing and product certification services conform to stringent quality requirements of ISO/IEC 17025. Our core laboratories are accredited by the Singapore Accreditation Council (SAC) for laboratory testing and product certification. Through a network of mutual recognition agreements among accreditation bodies (ilac-MRA), SAC-SINGLAS endorsed test reports are internationally recognised by more than 30 other laboratory accreditation bodies worldwide.